Short Eared Owl

Posted by Douglas Brown , Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:36 AM



I's funny that Last week I was determined to see a short eared owl, and spent most of my day back and forth in search.
As I was ready to give up because of fading light this one appeared on a post quite close.
At least some sun was on one side, and it allowed me about 3 photos before flying.
As soon as it flew a Northern Harrier landed on a post about 3 away, and I was able to get a few of it.

OK so now I was definitely on my way
when I spotted these yellow birds on the field.
I had to see what they were.
They didn't let me get close, but flew all around
over top of me, and I took a guess they were meadow larks.

That was a pretty good day as I have never seen
meadow larks before.
A lifer for me.

1 Response to "Short Eared Owl"

Anonymous Says:

We have Meadowlarks here??? I finally saw my first one when travelling in Colorado last week. Didn't know we had them here.